In the following, we are happy to inform you on the different types of lens, the optimum spectacle care, our inexpensive packages and our customer service. We are looking forward to meeting you in our specialised store.
Plastic lenses are much lighter and do not break when they fall onto the ground.
- Plastic lenses considerably reduce the risk of breaking and thus the danger of eye injuries (safety in sports / at work)
- They provide an increased protection for your eyes
- They may be produced in an aesthetically pleasing thin design today
- Plastic lenses may be coated in different qualities, e.g. they can be made more resilient with a specific coating. Water-repellent or dirt-repellent surfaces are also possible
- They fog rather slowly when you move from a warm environment into a cold one
- They are available in all colours
Modern glasses have to ensure a reflex-free vision – so that you can both see better and are more visible. Simultaneously, a high-quality anti-reflection coating also contributes to safe driving, especially at night.
Mineral lenses are distinguished by a high optical quality. In comparison with plastic lenses, they have the advantage that they are slightly thinner in some lens ranges, and thus aesthetically more pleasing. On the other hand, mineral glasses are always a little heavier than plastic glasses. In addition, they have the disadvantage that they may break or even splinter under high stress (e.g. when the glasses fall onto hard ground).
- resilient (scratch-resistant)
- acid-proof and lye-proof
- low refraction (hardly reflective)
Varifocal lenses enable smooth vision from smooth vision from near to far without an irritating dividing line, without a strain on the eyes or a change of glasses. They come closest to natural vision. Especially for presbyopic people, varifocal lenses are the best solution.
Presbyopia is a natural development of the eye which affects all people roughly from the age of 40. If “your arms are too short” during reading, you should consider trying varifocal glasses because this is a typical symptom of presbyopia. The earlier you start wearing varifocal lenses, the shorter is the time for getting used to them because when presbyopia sets in, the so-called “addition” (difference between lens thicknesses for near and far vision) is usually still quite minor. Therefore, the individual lens areas are larger and more comfortable, so that you can slowly get used to the different kind of vision and the transition to a better vision is completed more quickly.
The requirements for varifocal classes are individually different and thus, a precise fitting is crucial to ensure comfortable wearing.
ANY QUESTIONS? Let's talk about it: +49 (0)89 - 5233774